Celiane the Voice is an artist with an operatic voice, an electronic soul, and a vision that blends seemingly disparate musical styles and pours them into a unique vision of technology and soul. Her art is an answer to what she sees as the mechanizing of humanity.
“I notice how institutions are trying to mechanize the mind of humankind. So I use a visual representation of this when I perform. I just made it something beautiful. I call it being a techno-human. We have technology that we are using that we really don’t understand but being made to be a slave to it. We now have sex bots, that were addressed in my favorite anime, “Ghost In The Shell”. At what point with technology do we lose who we are? At what point are we no longer spirit and human? My art form explores love, consciousness, breaking free and what that all really means.”
Celiane sees technology as a tool, a pathway into a future where it serves the elevation of humankind – not the other way around. Blending the technological with the human while keeping our souls and connection is where true freedom lies and her music, which she dubs “Electronica Hip-Hopera”, is the vehicle to drive people to that promise land where we reach our full potential.
And, along with her unique sound, comes a unique look. Blending metal tones with a bright color palette, the influences of anime and video games are clear in her aesthetic. Her art is complete, both audibly and visually. She embodies the comic book heroes she admires with her art.
“I love comic books, anime, manga, video games…I love the creative side of technology because it can do so much good. So part of that was deliberate. […] I am a firm believer in the power of the music behind the words. Beats create a unique feeling in a body, along with frequencies and words. Together creates a magic that can’t be described.”
So you must come to see her in person! Celiane the Voice will at the Chabot Space & Science Center Friday, July 6th shining her light on AfroComicCon and representing its vision to the public.
And don’t miss her debut performance at a Brewery in Napa on August 24th and, of course, she’ll be at AfroComicCon on October 20th in Emeryville. Celiane the Voice hopes to connect with fans, meet follow artists, add her story to the collective creative, and participate in a showcase of black excellence.
She hopes to see you there!
- Black Joy Parade 2019! - February 2, 2019
- Michael Davis: Award-winning Writer, Artist, Entertainment Executive, and Mentor Fosters Creative Excellence at AfroComicCon - October 18, 2018
- Malandro Mandingo: The Body Magic of Capoeira to AfroComicCon - October 18, 2018
- A ‘Wonder Woman’ Returns to her Roots at AfroComicCon - October 18, 2018
- Rodney Barnes appearing at AfroComicCon, writer/producer extroadinaire! - September 10, 2018
- Saladin Ahmed’s Abbot: An Instant Classic - August 3, 2018
- The Passion Project of Chiamaka Onyemelukwe - July 13, 2018
- Techno-Magic Goddess: The Alchemy of Celiane the Voice - July 1, 2018